Tuesday 21 June 2011

Doing the maths

Squawkfox looks at how to get 22 meals out of a single chicken over a five day period for $49.

I'd be more impressed if it weren't that a) she counted servings as "meals", b) most of the dishes were stews, and c) $21.92 of the budget was blown on a single organic chicken at $3.49 per pound.

For that amount of money, I could have bought four Costco chickens already roasted and have enough left over for proper side dishes in obscene portions and a couple of bottles of plonk.

Now that's economy.

Update: I just noticed that she used the neologism "frugalicious".

I'm calling the police.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

She lives alone in an apartment with six cats so she only ever cooks for one. Unless one of the cats has a birthday. Mr. Fibuli loves him's people food!

Gauss said...

She's actually married to a guy named Carl, and lives on a cattle ranch. For some reason I doubt you even skimmed the article, Bryan.

Bryan said...

No, because I don't care.