Wednesday 23 February 2011

Bachelor cusine

From Chicago Boyz:
Never go to Costco hungry. But if you do, a Leatherman tool works really well for cutting up the roast chicken you start eating in the parking lot. And you will be extremely grateful for that roll of paper towels you find in the trunk of your car, trust me on this.

BTW, this is why you always want to buy two chickens, to insure that at least one of them makes it home intact.
This sounds a lot like my standard lunch when I went on walking tours back in England.  I'd collect a rotisserie chicken from the local butchers, a small loaf from the baker, and a bottle of cheap white wine from the offy, find a quiet bit of countryside and tuck in (though I preferred a Swiss Army knife). 

A nap under a convenient tree afterward rounded out the afternoon nicely.

2 comments:

Fruitbat44 said...

Sounds like a little slice of paradise. :)

" . . . though I preferred a Swiss Army knife . . ."

Well a Leatherman, and such of its ilk, is basically just a Swiss Army knife with added machismo. :)

Sergej said...

There are bears---oh, sorry, I'll start over.

Thar's b'ars out in Minnie-soder, whar I dun-use ta go a-trekkin'. Ain't no way in God's green earth I'm a-gunna make my hinder quarters whar I keeps my clasp knife smell like b'ar food. Way I figures it, b'ar already knows whar ta bite me, and I don't need ta help him out none on that there account.