Tuesday 2 June 2009

Tinned Meat

Having passed a lot of my misspent life travelling the world in odd places, I've come across and eaten most of these tinned delicacies (When you're aboard ship or out in the jungle you don't get much choice) and most aren't half bad with a bit of HP sauce.

I notice that they also include this, which is definitely not canned. Jellied eels. The one thing I do miss living in the States is having the seafood man coming 'round the pub at ten o'clock flogging eels, whelks, and such like at just the point where the beer starts to give you an appetite.

Magic.

2 comments:

jayessell said...

This would look funny in the backpack of someone traipsing through some scorpion and eel infested region.

Neil Russell said...

Woohoo! Nothing says good eatin' like "Squid in Brine". I'd like to open a restaurant called that I think.

Much better than my idea for a Civil War themed restaurant called "Spaghettisburg"