Monday 25 May 2009

Lamb Gas

From The Times:
Give up lamb roasts and save the planet. Government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out “high carbon” food such as meat from sheep, whose burping poses a serious threat to the environment.
I love the "combat climate change" drivel. I always thought "global warming" was ridiculous as a phrase, but "combat climate change" is such a weasel term that it conjours up delightful pictures of King Canute trying to order back the tides. Perhaps next winter the snow will need a permit to fall like in Camelot.

As for the burping sheep, not only do I intend to triple my lamb consumption, but I also intend to keep my own herd and feed them on a diet heavy in beans, curry, radishes, and sour cream washed down with enough beer until they sound like the re-enactment of a classic Mel Brooks scene.

No comments: