Friday 13 February 2009

We Didn't Listen!


Climate refugees swarming north to escape "heat waves, fires and other calamitous effects of global warming". Migrations "on the scale of the Great Depression". People dying of heat waves. And, wait for it... Ozone pollution. Such Chicken Little "journalism" is almost quaint.

I particularly like Seattle Post Intelligencer reporter Robert McClure's extensive quotes from one J Elizabeth Jackson on the impending doom facing the people of Washington state from heat death. I might even pay more than a nanosecond of attention to it if she were a climatologist or an MD or even a reader of pigeon entrails rather than a sociologist. That being the case, I wouldn't trust her to tell me whether the sun was going to rise in the east.

I'm going to miss the PI when it goes bust in about a month. It opens a door into a new and terrible world.

No comments: