Tuesday 10 February 2009

Snow Days–Again

I spoke too soon about the five hour chauffeur days being a thing of the past. I was woken at 2 AM this morning by a wet nose in my face that signified that the hairier members of the household had to go potty and when I let them back in I noticed that the dark brown dog and the black and white dog had changed into two white dogs.

Yes, it was snowing, which meant that the Molotov was getting its first test by fire. Or ice in this case. It wasn't a heavy snow and the worst problem was the usual black ice on the steeper bits, but the Molotov came through with flying colours. We were also fortunate that the snow only clung to the high altitudes, so that once we got into the valley it was more or less plain sailing except for the odd idiot in the ditch for whom ice is an abstract concept.

Though it's still an arctic scene outside, it's at least warm enough that the roads cleared and I could get back up the hill relatively easily. The real test will probably come tonight when we're expected to get hit with more snow. In which case, it may be time for some world-class cocking about.


No comments: