Friday 2 July 2010

Vanquishing climate villains at Popular Science

Agents of Goldstein! Evil! Evil! Hate! Hate! Hate!

I used to love Popular Science as a boy and I still spend a lot of time burrowing through the archives on Google Books. Indeed, if you're a DIY enthusiast, the workshop articles alone can give years of informative pleasure. In recent years, however, it's become a thin shadow of its former self with gee wiz covers that are betrayed by thin articles that are often little more than adverts for new gadgets and cars. I could even live with that if it weren't for the fact that a magazine once aimed at men with both wood and metal lathes in their garages has now been taken over by left-wing journalism grads who think that they were put on Earth to lecture Outer Party members to toe the line.

Case in point is this article telling the unwashed how they can "vanquish" "climate villains" who dare to question Lord Summerisle and the priests of blessed Gaia. I'd offer a refutation of this prolonged exercise in ad hominem attacks and poisoning the well, but the comments section does a far better job.

2 comments:

Sergej said...

Thanks for reminding me to eat some roast beast-flesh over the weekend. I mean, I was planning on doing it already, but now I'll be doing it with that added feeling of smug. I suppose this is what it feels like to "do one's part for the polar bears" by performing some silly ritual.

jayessell said...

If eating meat is good enough for the polar bears, it's good enough for me!

(I'm dissappointed I can't purchase polar bear burgers at the ShopRite.)

But seriously...
The weatherman from the motion picture 'Anchorman'?
Wasn't he retarded?
(I'm sorry, I meant 'retarded'.)

If 'Climate Change' gets too bad, we can have 'Nuclear Winter' at the drop of a hat!