Saturday 29 May 2010

Service will be resumed shortly.

Ephemeral Isle, Chez Szondy, and my professional life in general is up the gum tree without a paddle. After a two days of erratic Internet service and an aggravating conversation with "Dave" whose cubicle is somewhere outside of New Delhi, I have discovered that my satellite modem is US. Worse, my service provider, with that lightning speed that one normally associates with a spavined tortoise in a Zimmer frame, can't get a replacement to me in less than a week. Since the nearest wifi connection is at the public library 15 miles away, I'm up against a logistical brick wall.

As you might have guessed, this means that postings will be a bit sparse and consist mainly of grumbling about why the deuce I should have to buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's when I just want to check my appointments. I've already discovered the joy of driving into town to send a couple of emails only to discover that I left the bit of paper with the addresses back on my desk.

Joy.

No comments: