Monday 17 September 2007

Squirrel for Breakfast

I was woken up this morning at about 6:30 by the wife asking me to "come and see what your dog did."

Whenever she calls Carl the Cattle Dog "my" dog it invariably means something unpleasant. Sure enough, as I stumbled blearily into the kitchen there was Carl sitting happy as a lark, wagging his tail and showing off the dead squirrel he'd brought in. It was not only dead, but rigid and dirty, which indicates that Carl had caught the little bugger the night before and had buried it until a more convenient time to show it off-- which turned out to be the crack of dawn. Thank God my wife intercepted him or he'd have plopped it on my pillow and I have no desire to go through a cheap remake of The Godfather.

If life keeps going on like this, I have GOT to get a Teasmade.

1 comment:

jayessell said...

David....

Have the Mrs. purchase a coffeemaker with clock.

Pour in 1 cup water.

Substitute teabag for coffee filter and coffee!

Plug it in, set time and set start time.

Viola! (or to put it another way: "Robert is your father's brother")

Contrary to the purpose stated on its cardboard box, it will produce tea!.