Thursday 16 August 2007

For Allah's Sake!

And now from the Raving Mad Department comes a Dutch Roman Catholic Bishop who, with a perfectly straight face, has said that people of all faiths should refer to God as "Allah" to "foster understanding."

I don't know what is more breathtaking; the sheer theological imbecility coming from a man of the cloth that cannot recognise that God and Allah are fundamentally different ideas or the blinkered multiculturalism that is indistinguishable from craven cowardice. I never thought I'd see the day when the land of Calvin and Erasmus was in danger of falling under the sway of sharia law or that a Bishop of Rome would help fit the shackles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. I was going to send you the story when I saw it, but you saved me time.

It certainly would bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "Is the Pope Catholic?".