Sunday 19 August 2007

Jesus, ITV & Dhimmitiude


From the Guardian:
There was no manger, Christ is not the Messiah, and the crucifixion never happened. A forthcoming ITV documentary will portray Jesus as Muslims see him.

With the Koran as a main source and drawing on interviews with scholars and historians, the Muslim Jesus explores how Islam honours Christ as a prophet but not as the son of God. According to the Koran the crucifixion was a divine illusion. Instead of dying on the cross, Jesus was rescued by angels and raised to heaven.

If this was 1975, I wouldn't have any quarrel with Lord Bragg et al for putting this film out. I would merely file it away as a study in comparative religion of no more or less importance than a discussion of the Arian heresy and leave it at that. However, when it comes at a time when we are in a war for our lives with a load of suicidal Jihadists who use the Koran for their marching orders and when Her Majesty's government allows a most prominent and vocal Islamofascist to walk free and active on British soil, this comes perilously close to carrying the enemy's water for him.

A rule of thumb for the media: If the Allied press wouldn't do something that would aid the Axis cause in 1943, don't do it for the Jihadists today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have a compromise.

ITV gets to run this Muslim Jesus deal so long as they follow it up with a documentary that accurately describes how the rest of the world sees Muhummad: As the Gilligan-esque shepherd of a flock of homicidal crazies.

Fair?

Anonymous said...

There is an inaccuracy in that description of the program. The Muslims do in fact believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

"(Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah." -Qur'an, Chapter 3 Verse 45

'Abd al-Karim said...

I'm a Muslim. I really enjoyed your site about Science Fiction, then I wander into your blog and find out that you basically hate my religion. What the hell is up with that? This is like James Lileks all over again.

David said...

'abd,

If you had been reading my blog longer you would know that I do not hate your religion. As a Christian, I do not ascribe to it, but I hold no more animosity towards it than I do to Shintoism, Buddhism, Animism or any of a number of other isms. In fact, I have stated time and again that the key to beating the Jihadists lies with the moderate Muslims who are just as much for the chop as the rest of us infidels. My quarrel is with those who use Islam to justify barbarism and a lust to impose tyranny on the whole of mankind.

And I don't even hate them. One does not hate a mad dog. One merely shoots it.