Monday 22 November 2010

The people's ceremony

From the Telegraph:
Prince William and Kate Middleton want their wedding to be a “people’s ceremony” with as many ordinary members of the public invited as possible.
I understand their reasoning and I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but the couple does need reminding that when someone suggests "the people's" anything (whether it be republic, palace, army, or princess), they are invariably up to no good.

Related:  The ugly demand suggestion that if William's first born is a girl, primogeniture should be thrown out the window raises its republican head once again.  Ever notice how this sort of thing invariably comes from those who would be happy to defenestrate the Monarchy as well?

1 comment:

Wunderbear said...

Oh, no, David, please not you too!

Please! I beg of you! Don't talk about this subject! I don't even read newspapers, I just listen to Radio 4, and already I'm sick of the whole damned wedding thing. If it continues to stay at this level of intensity (or, God forbid) increase from now until the event, I shall sadly be forced to lose my mind and start hitting people with sticks whilst bellowing unmentionable words into their ears.