Thursday 28 January 2010

State of Obama


Not so much a State of the Union address as the campaign speech.

I don't agree with their assessment of the Iraq campaign, but at least the Cato Institute, unlike The One recognises that there is a war on and not an "overseas contingency operation" that will go away if Mr Barack Hussein Obama screws his eyes shut and wishes really, really hard.

Update: On the other hand, National Review is very happy about Obama.




Update: Is Mr Obama America's Saruman?

2 comments:

Neil Russell said...

I mainly agree with the "Take me to your lizard" blogger's point about Big O's voice, I can't tell if he's doing a bad Elvis or a bad Dean Martin impersonation.

Oddly enough whenever I hear House minority leader John Boehner speak, I can't tell his voice from that of Big O. I usually can tell the difference as soon as I hear what's being said of course; Boehner makes sense.

I certainly agree with the fellow in the second video, the democrat mantra should be "aloof, isolated, and more of it!" for the upcoming elections. The republicans might consider "I'm all out of change" as a slogan.

Wonder why the Cato people didn't zero in on Big O's pronouncement that there would be no capital gains tax on small business? Since small businesses don't pay it, perhaps it was too stupid a concept to even address.

I used to have a fridge magnet with Nixon's face on it that said "he kept our boys out of northern Ireland".
Maybe that could be an accomplishment for the Obama Admin as well

jayessell said...

Saruman?
I thought you said Saurian!