Friday 18 December 2009

President Tin Ear

Barack Hussein Obama is in Copenhagen addressing the Climate Change conference where he is scolding away as if he can save the whole farce from disaster by shooting out Obama rays.

Two days ago I thought that there was no way The One was going to go to Copenhagen in the wake of Climategate and now that the outcome is certain to be little more than a bland statement of intent, but apparently he'd determined that his stumping for the Chicago Olympics won't be a one-off.

The man has all the foresight of Julius Caesar at the Ides of March. I particularly like the way the press is talking up Mr Obama's "talking tough" and "rebuking China". Talking tough? After the way Mr Obama literally kowtowed before the Chinese Premier it's a wonder that the Celestials didn't respond to his "rebuke" by laughing in his face.

Update: The One descends from Olympus and graces mere mortals with a "meaningful agreement" that "list national actions and commitments"... and makes the Civilised World cough up $100 billion a year to backwards nations, kleptocrats, and dictators.

And here I thought the caviar and Champagne conference would end with bureaucratic doublespeak for doing nothing while gouging the Civilised World for yet another fortune to pour down a rat hole.

3 comments:

Gauss said...

I suspect that the major players at the conference came in knowing that it wouldn't actually produce anything binding. It was just going to be a giant press event. And any statement or whatever that came out could be safely stuck in a drawer and forgotten in a month.

Unknown said...

Mr. Szondy, I admire your intellect, and take great pleasure in your wit. Which is why I tolerate your reflexive detestation of the President of the United States.

Remember:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations

Obama has *got* to turn out to be the greatest statesman since Roosevelt, Churchill, or Lincoln, or we are all screwed.

So keep cheerleading for his failure, and I'm well aware he could fail. I prefer to judge the fellow for his deeds, rather than adopt your damned near mindless nihilism.

Have a lovely Christmas.

David said...

Hello, Apostate630,

Thanks for your comment. I'm actually very pleased that you disagree with me. If my visitors all affirmed my views, I'd seriously think that I was doing something wrong. However, in my defence, I must clarify two points: First, I am not a nihilist by any means. I can't afford the fees. And second, I do not wish for Barack Hussein Obama's failure as such; merely the failure of what he is trying to achieve. If he was a free market capitalist, believed in small government and lower taxes, dedicated to prosecuting the Jihadist War to victory, desired a strong national defence and a close Western alliance against the world's tyrants, suspicious of the Warmentist agenda, and competent and enough of a leader to deliver on these, I'd back him to the hilt. However, if he just wants to be an American Tony Blair without the education and experience, I want him to fail fail to the point of irrelevance as soon as possible.

That does not, however, mean that I wish the United States or the civilised nations to suffer out of schadenfreude. Again, quite the opposite. In fact, I believe Mr Obama's failure will benefit both. Always remember, Mr Obama is not King Arthur and the land and the king are not one.

Finally, I sincerely wis
h you and yours a very Happy Christmas and a joyous New Year.

Hail Vectron.