Wednesday 2 April 2008

G-Wiz Vs. Lightning GT


The G-Wiz is a classic example of what someone said recently about electric cars being built by snobbish designers who don't want people to be driving cars at all.

On the other hand, Britain's Lightning GT is my idea of the proper way to develop an electric car that will actually be practical and people will want to buy: Instead of building pathetic little toy cars that can't win a race against a table, do what early car manufacturers did and go for the high-performance end of the spectrum and then work backwards. You'll probably sell about as many Lightnings as you do Aston Martins, but the you'll make the R&D costs back when you roll it into the ElektraTour Family Coupe.

On a side note, I have just learned that I am two years older than Jeremy Clarkson, so I am most definitely feeling my age.

No comments: