Thursday 25 May 2006

Sci Fi Channel Smack-Down

I'm not kidding, The Sci Fi Channel is going to be airing professional wrestling.

This is less shocking than a dismal confirmation that Sci Fi, once an oasis in the cable desert, has forgotten what the deuce "sci-fi" actually is. I was willing to turn a blind eye to slasher films that hadn't so much as the pretence of a fantasy element, I could forgive "reality" shows about fake mediums and ghost hunters, and I was even willing to overlook the airing of such "science fiction" classics as
Braveheart and Apollo 13, but WWE wrestling?!? Doubtless Sci Fi's next coup will be a revival of The Odd Couple.

Thank God for the CBC, DVDs, and the Internet, so I'm not dependent on the vagaries of the Sci Fi Channel for my weekly dose of Doctor Who.

No comments: