Wednesday 6 October 2010

Germ Genie

At last, a disinfecting UV lamp that will kill 99 percent of the germs on my keyboard.

I'd order one, but when it was delivered I'd have to go to the front door and that means putting on the surgical mask and gown,  laying out fresh lavatory paper on the floor, adjusting the shoe boxes over my slippers and then, ugh, opening the door.

That's only the beginning, I'd have to wrap the fire tongs in tissues so I could use it to drag the package indoors, throw a plastic bin liner over the box, wrap more tissue paper around the knife I'd need to cut a slit in the bin liner and then the box, somehow extract the lamp, and then hope it still works after I've sprayed it with Dettol. 

I think I'll stick to my current regime of wearing rubber gloves and only touching the keyboard with the lengths of chop sticks I've taped to the fingers.  Can't take any chances.

5 comments:

Sergej said...

I just keep my keyboard and mouse in a glove box.

David said...

But how can you stand to touch that dirty, dirty glove box?

Sergej said...

I wear dirty, dirty gloves, of course!

Wunderbear said...

Pfft. In my day, we tricked people into lifting the keyboards over their heads, letting the shower of dust, greaseballs, and small insects rain over their faces.

And we liked it!

Neil A Russell said...

Well, in my day, what you call a "keyboard" we used to call a "clickletterer" and they were just fine until Ho Chi Min took all the letter "C"s from them to feed his troops and I'll tell you, it was no fun writing letters to the draft board, in fact when I was in the Air Corps, all we had to write with were bent toothpicks and...where's my lunch?