Tuesday 13 February 2007

Nuclear Deal?


The Six-Nations Talks claims to have made a breakthrough with North Korea agreeing to shut down its main nuclear reactor in exchange for fuel aid.

This is being hailed in the press as a major development, but we've been down this path too many times for me to get too excited. For my part, I'm holding off on the champagne until the US Seventh Fleet is anchored offshore from Pyongyang with all weapons armed to take possession of all North Korean nuclear materials and enrichment machinery.

Let me put it this way, the bottle isn't even in the fridge yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I hear "We're making such great progress", for some reason I entertain the picture of a three-year-old trying to toilet train a cat.

As a teetotaler, my bottle of ginger ale is also still under the sink.