Tuesday 11 November 2008

Survivors


I see that the BBC is reviving the 1970's sci fi series Survivors. From the trailer, I'm not getting my hopes up. It looks all very, very PC with lots of pretty people and strumming guitars, so I'm not getting my hopes up. In fact, since the cast includes the ghastly lead from Bonekickers and one-note actress Freema Agyeman, I shall regard my hopes lightly squashed.



If you want some idea of the standard the remake faces, have a look at the original credits, which I suspect contains more drama than we can expect from the entire first series of the new version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see how many times this sci-fi staple pops up. I remember a British sitcom called "Without a bang" that started with Judith Hann accidentally killing most of the world's population during an episode of Tomorrows World.
Also a dodgy Australian film in which most organic life (apart from people in the process of dying) are removed from the planet. Something to do with scientist mucking about with something called 'The Grid'...

Anonymous said...

They wanted to highlight the humanity of the virus.