Wednesday 10 January 2007

Snow Day


I had to go into town today and then spent six hours getting home after a sudden snow storm hit, forcing my wife, daughter, dog and self to detour miles out of our way to Monroe, where I had to buy and install the first pair of tyre chains that I'd ever encountered in my life so we could get home-- which we barely did.

Not only did I have the joy of putting greasy chains on with bare hands, but I also had to deal with walking the extremely confused dog in a car park in a blizzard, hunting for the cell phone that I lost during that walk, calming an hysterical four-year old who had to go potty, but refused to use anything other than the one at home, and a wife who had her own toilet emergency when we got home and left me to put the car in the garage, but neglected to tell me that the parking break was on, which would have explained why I was having so much trouble getting traction and why there was that nasty burning smell.

That is why I feel we need a cheese shop sketch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do put your feet up today.