Monday 31 July 2006

War of the Words

When I reviewed this.. this cinematic thing that was Tim Hine's adaptation of The War of the Worlds, I thought that it would all pass away like a fever dream, but apparently you can't keep a vile atrocity down and now Pendragon Pictures are filing suit against Darkhorse Comics over its graphic novel version of the H. G. Wells book for infringement of copyright-- despite the fact that both are faithful adaptations of a work that has been in public domain for years.

You would think that Mr. Hines would be content with having his ouvere lapse into blessed obscurity, but when one is deep in Ed Wood territory the normal rules do not apply.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to try to get some of the feeling back into the right side of my face.

No comments: