Wednesday 5 August 2009

If God had meant us to fly...

Lord Adonis, the British transport minister, wants to ban all domestic flights in favour of high-speed rail saying that this is "manifestly in the public interest because it pays worship to Blessed Gaia helps Save the Planettm.

Some feel that this does not go far enough and demand that rail services be abolished in favour of passenger-carrying canal boats, but I'm holding out for the revival of the horse-drawn coach, which will be a shot in the arm to inns up and down the country.

3 comments:

Sergej said...

I wouldn't mind a cheap zeppelin service for non-critical travel, as long as it had wi-fi and a gym, and room to walk around. (And, you know, got the whole H/He thing right.) Spend an extra week out of the office getting there and back, telecommuting, and watch the country rolling by. I might even prefer the option in some cases.

Of course, if this were marketed as the green polar-bear-saving option, I think I'd take the aeroplane on principle. Hard to telecommute when surrounded by bongos and patchouli anyway.

jayessell said...

Sergej...
Polar Bear hunting FROM Zeppelins!

Wunderbear said...

As a commuter, I support more money to train services. HOWEVER, I protest higher usage. I want the new trains all to myself, thanks.

*puts feet on seat*